Hip pain during pregnancy is common, especially in the later stages. Dr. Aashish Arbat, the best orthopedic Doctor in Pune, suggests several sleeping positions and other techniques to help reduce hip pain during pregnancy. So let’s explore different ways to relieve hip pain during pregnancy, including exercises, rest, good posture, supportive shoes, and sleeping positions, according to Dr. Aashish Arbat (Joint Replacement Surgeon in Pune).
Sleeping Positions For Hip Pain While Pregnant
Dr. Aashish Arbat, the best Hip Replacement Doctor in Pune, suggests patients several sleeping positions can help reduce hip pain during pregnancy, including:
Side-lying position: You can sleep with a pillow between your legs. It can help to reduce hip pain.
Semi-reclining position: Propping yourself on several pillows in a semi-reclining position can also help reduce hip pain.
Sleeping on your back: Sleeping on your back is generally not recommended during pregnancy; propping yourself with several pillows can help reduce hip pain.
According to Dr. Aashish Arbat’s recommendation, one should sleep on the left side during pregnancy. Besides, the doctor also suggests some pregnancy stretches in bed to improve blood flow to your baby, including:
- Side stretch
- Cat-cow stretch
- Hip flexor stretch
- Seated forward bend
- Knee-to-chest stretch
Hip Pain Pregnancy First Trimester
Hip pain during the first trimester of pregnancy is less common than during the later stages, but it can still occur. Some pregnant women also face hip pain during pregnancy hurts to walk, especially during the later stages of pregnancy. The hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause the ligaments in your hips to become more relaxed and stretchy, leading to hip pain. For such patients, Dr. Aashish Arbat prescribes some techniques and hip pain exercises for pregnancy to reduce hip pain during the first trimester of pregnancy, such as:
- Gentle stretching exercises can help relieve hip tension and reduce pain. Do some simple stretches daily, such as hip pain exercises for pregnancy.
- Applying a heating pad or a warm compress to your hips can help relax the muscles and reduce pain.
- Maintaining good posture can help reduce the pressure on your hips and reduce pain. Make sure you sit and stand up straight and avoid slouching.
- Wearing supportive shoes with good arch support can help reduce the impact on your hips and reduce pain.
How to Relieve Hip Pain During Pregnancy?
Many pregnant patients suffer from hip pain during pregnancy, especially during the later stages. To relieve the patient from hip pain during pregnancy, Dr. Aashish Arbat ( Hip Replacement Doctor in Pune ) applies some unique and effective methods such as:
- Exercise: Gentle exercises such as walking, swimming, or prenatal yoga are the best hip pain exercises for pregnancy; they can help reduce hip pain by strengthening the muscles and improving flexibility.
- Prenatal massage: A prenatal massage can help reduce hip pain by releasing muscle tension and improving circulation.
Dangers of Stretching While Pregnant
Stretching is generally considered safe during pregnancy and can provide many benefits, such as improving flexibility, reducing muscle tension, and promoting relaxation. However, there are some important considerations to keep in mind to ensure that stretching or hip pain exercises for pregnancy is safe for both you and your developing baby:
- Avoid overstretching: It’s important not to overstretch during pregnancy, especially in the later stages, as the hormones relaxin and progesterone can make your joints more unstable and prone to injury.
- Avoid deep twisting: Avoid deep twisting stretches, particularly in the torso, as these can pressure the uterus and harm your developing baby.
- Change your stretches: As your pregnancy progresses, you may need to change your stretches to accommodate your growing belly and avoid putting too much pressure on your abdominal muscles.
Left Hip Pain During Early Pregnancy
Left hip pain during early pregnancy can occur due to hormonal changes that can cause the ligaments in the hips to become more relaxed and stretchy, as per Dr. Aashish Arbat‘s observation. Gentle hip pain exercises for pregnancy and warm compresses can help reduce the pain.
Hip Pain Pregnancy Second Trimester
Many women also suffer from hip pain during the second trimester of pregnancy. As the baby grows, the weight gain and changes in posture can place extra pressure on the hips and pelvic area. For such patients, Dr. Aashish Arbat advises performing hip pain exercises for pregnancy, prenatal massage, and warm compresses during the second trimester.
If you suffer from hip pain during pregnancy, Dr. Aashish Arbat is the best orthopedic Doctor in Pune. Dr. Aashish Arbat is a well-known Orthopedic Surgeon who offers his expertise at Sahyadri Hospital and also serves as an Orthopedic Doctor at Jehangir Hospital.