Knee pain is a lifelong concern but knee pain in ladies is more common than in men, and studies have connected hormonal and biomechanical factors to it. Moreover, women’s wider hips can result in an increased “Q-angle” at the knee, which can predispose them to knee problems.
People also often wonder, “What can cause knee pain without injury?” However, understanding the intricate anatomy of the knee is one of the solutions. The complex knee structure consists of bones, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage, all of which are susceptible to strain, wear and tear, catastrophic injuries, and chronic diseases such as arthritis.
Let’s explore the specifics of non-traumatic left & right knee pain causes, symptoms, and treatments.
Right Knee Pain Causes
Knee pain, whether in the left, right, or both knees, is a common problem affecting people of all ages. Some people suffer from sudden sharp pains, while others experience a constant dull ache. From overexertion to complicated medical disorders, knee pain has several causes, such as:
- Accidental injuries: Meniscus tears, ligament strains, and tendonitis may result from trauma or repeated actions.
- Degenerative Diseases: Conditions include osteoarthritis, which reduces knee cartilage.
- Mechanical Issues: Broken bone or cartilage that lies in the joint area, causing pain and restricting mobility.
- Inflammatory Conditions: Arthritis (rheumatoid, osteo, lupus, and gout) and Baker’s Cyst (a fluid-filled knee swelling) can cause joint inflammation and tissue damage, which can cause knee pain and swelling.
- Joint Infection: Direct knee joint infections may be a source of pain.
Knee Pain Treatment
Knee pain treatment options vary based on the underlying cause:
- Rest and Physical Therapy: Allowing the knee to recover and doing guided exercises may help.
- Medications: OTC painkillers or corticosteroids—in severe cases.
- Injections: Injecting thick hyaluronic acid into the knee may help mobility and lessen pain.
- Surgery: Surgical options include arthroscopic knee surgery and complete knee replacement for severe injury.
Right knee pain causes are complex, however, the use of a knee pain symptom checker can provide preliminary insight. Yet, seek medical advice from Dr. Aashish Arbat, the best Knee Replacement Doctor in Pune for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Remember that understanding the cause is the first step in obtaining relief.
Dr. Aashish Arbat – The Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Pune
Dr. Aashish Arbat is a renowned Orthopaedic Doctor in Pune, known for his innovative joint replacement, arthroscopy, and joint conservation procedures. He is an expert in Mako Robotics, 3D Robotics, and Anatomical Joint Replacement.
If you experience symptoms or have concerns about both knees, whether the left & right knee pain causes or other knee’s health, consult with Dr. Aashish for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Keep in mind that knee pain is not merely a symptom; it is a signal from your body that something requires your attention. Do not disregard it; seek professional assistance immediately.